Vanuatu Education Support Program Phase II (VESP II) Support
The central focus of VESP II is supporting the Ministry of Education and Training to improve education delivery in schools.
With increased community and parental engagement and by strengthening devolved management in provinces, schools can provide accessible, quality education for children (K-6).
Vanuatu Education Support Program Phase II (VESP II)
End of Program Outcome 1
More children (girls and boys, including those with disabilities) are enrolled and attend the right year of primary school at the right age.
- Principals have increased ability to lead and manage school improvement including engagement with the community.
- Provincial office staff have increased capability and confidence to support school improvement.
End of Program Outcome 2
Improved student literacy and numeracy outcomes (measured at Year 4 and Year 6).
- Teachers and principals have increased capacity to implement the K-6 curriculum.
End of Program Outcome 3
MoET effectively plans, trials/implements and learns from devolution efforts and use evidence to inform decisions.
- The MoET has improved capacity to manage system performance data for evidence-based decision making.
- The MoET is better prepared to manage continuity of learning in emergency or disaster situations.